Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How to NOT scare a guy off

Hey ladies,

How much fun have you been having this week?

Lol

Today I wanted to talk to you about scaring guys off shortly after you meet them. I really do not know how they do it but I suspect we as women do it as well, but guys have a knack for sniffing out a woman who really wants to have a long term relationship or a woman who really wants to get married.

And guys will avoid such women like the plague. Maybe it has to do with the fact that desperation in any form is just unattractive.

If you tell a guy that you want to get married and have children as soon as possible or that you want a commitment, if he had ever thought of having a real relationship with you, those thoughts will go out of the window very quickly because now he’s thinking that you want to trap him.

To him, it’s like you were just waiting for someone, any guy to come along, pay you some attention and you would have been ready to walk down that aisle. There is just no way that he will ever be attracted enough to you to even think commitment. He has to feel as though he won you over.

It’s like when I went on this date with this guy. First date mind you…

First he called me in the morning to berate me for not calling him the day before. Apparently I said that I would have. I really do not remember saying that but anyway…

So I agreed to go out with him because he insisted. We met up and in the first five minutes he brought up the fact that I had not called the day before like I said I would have and in the next five minutes he was telling me that his intention was to make me his girlfriend.

To cut a long story short, he came on too fast too soon and it was very off-putting.

Think about how you would feel if you went out with a guy you just met and he was insistent and demanding about you calling him and said he wanted to marry you or make you his girlfriend. You would think that there was something wrong with him.

The thing is… some of us do this to guys all the time and expect them to want to be around us long term…

When you meet a man you really like, you have to inspire him to want to be around you and you do that by letting down your hair, enjoying life and not worrying about whether or not this is it or if he’ll call you.

Let it go, it is NOT that serious. I'm not trying to be funny here. Think about it...if this guy were not to feel the same way about you as you do about him, would you be any less of a person?

You do it by being confident and attractive and fun to be around. You do it by making him feel just as good as you do about life.

Now watch what happens with that same guy...

We’ll be on this for a while so stay tuned! You know where to find me lol.

Ciao ladies,

Alyssa K

No comments:

Post a Comment